How long will hair relaxing last?
On average, a regular no-lye, chemical hair relaxer lasts six to eight weeks total. However, they can be stretched out to ten to twelve weeks, which allows for the hair to breathe and have enough new growth to have a touch-up done.
How can I relax my hair by myself?
Here are tips I suggest for relaxing your own hair at home:
- Use fitted latex gloves.
- Consider separating your hair into smaller sections.
- Base your edges and scalp.
- Don’t forget the smoothing step.
- Be sure to only relax your new growth.
Can I wet my relaxed hair everyday?
Definitely once a week is great for relaxed curls. But, if you sweat a lot you’ll want to wash it as soon as possible. Perspiration is basically salt, and that is a killer for your hair.
Why you should not relax your hair?
If your scalp is continuously irritated by relaxers, you increase your chance of hair loss. … As a result, the natural hair ends up dry, brittle, tangled, and harder to care for. If having a relaxer helps you take care of your hair and your scalp is healthy, then it is worth it to continue relaxing your hair.
What should I do after relaxing my hair?
Apply leave-in conditioner and natural oils to your hair while it is damp.
- Your hair needs moisture to keep its elasticity and resist damages, especially after you relax it.
- For best results, use a water-based leave-in conditioner. Look for ingredients including aloe vera and glycerine as well.